Thursday, October 24, 2019

Pretty Workspaces

I have been practicing using Hapara Workspaces with my intermediate students. I wrote a blog post about it here.
This week, I have been sat with Lenva getting a bit of PD as I hadn't done anything with the work that the students had submitted till I saw her. I was nervous of doing something daft and loosing the work. Lenva took me through the marking, the spreadsheet that is generated with all the marks on it and how you can send the work back in two ways - one to keep working on it and resubmit and one as the final return. I had been worried that I would loose the connection to the work once I sent it back as this was the main reason I was FINALLY getting my head round workspaces in the first place. Lenva put my mind at rest over that.

While I was with her, she showed me how you can search for other people's public workspaces. Very handy! She then showed me one that she had found that had been made very visually attractive by the use of headers and colour.
This reminded me of a PD Lenva did with us a while back and she gave us a presentation that she had put together of all the card colours put onto proportionally correct pages that can be downloaded as images and used as headers for your workspace cards.

Here is the blank presentation with the colours -

Here is my copy which is quite messy as it has the slides on it that I have copied and used to create header images for my workspace cards.
So far I have been making the first workspace I will be needing with my seniors pretty. This is the jumpstart one which I will need in a couple of weeks time.
Here is the link to the workspace.
I think it makes it much more visually appealing and not just plain boxes with writing in them.
Thanks Lenva.
Here are the other workspaces I am fiddling with at the moment (as of writing, unfinished, just saying)
Level 1 Chair Design
Level 2 Lighting Design

4 comments:

  1. I love your 'pretty Workspaces'. Karen, you have really brought your Workspaces to life. I very much admire people who have an 'eye' for design, like you. So talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lenva. They look a lot prettier now thanks to your help. And thanks for pointing out that I shared the wrong link from my workspaces. :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen,

    Your workspace looks fantastic - I am trying to tidy mine up and give my headers the appropriate coloured backgrounds also. Would you mind sharing your blank presentation? I am struggling to match the colours in a google slide show so I can make my own headers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrew
      Thanks for your kind feedback.

      Here is my messy one
      Here is the blank one

      Thank Lenva Shearing for these as she set them up to be a good proportion and be the colour match to the Workspace cards.

      Delete