Sunday, August 29, 2021

Lockdown teaching - using examples and videos

 As we are in the middle of a Level 4 lockdown again, I have been making sure there is more support on my class site for my students. I know I will see a few of them in class Google Meets but not all of them.

I have been making more examples and taking them through the work with more videos. I use Quick Time Player to. make my videos as I work on a Mac, but Screencastify does the job just as well.

Some examples of what I have been working on are here.

Intermediates - Clock project

Intermediates - At home coding challenges

Year 11 - Design Brief

Year 11 - Types of Seating

Year 11 - Materials

Year 12 - Design Brief

I have also been letting my students specifically know that these resources are there when I send the calendar invite out to the meet. The links take them straight to where the work is. Hopefully, this is making it easier for those students who are unable to come to the meets to keep plodding along with the work.



No comments:

Post a Comment