Friday, July 28, 2017

Nice to meet you...

Today was going to be the last time I had my Year 9 group as the Technology rotation is due to move round again. We took photographs of their finished boxes that they have made in Year 9 woodwork and they were busy putting the photographs on their blogs. While we were doing that, they got to looking at old blog posts and ended up quite far back in time. This is the really good thing about them still working on the same blogs that they have used all through primary and intermediate school.
So the activity then turned into looking at old photographs of the students on their blogs and seeing how cute they were in Year 5!!
It occurred to me that this would be a good introductory task when I get my new group. I am always looking for new ways to "meet" a new rotation group.
I knew that I had a couple of old photographs of me on my account so I showed the students today my last photograph from school, which is the whole "Upper 6th" in 1986. They had the task of trying to find me!! After laughing at the 80's hairstyles, they managed to find me.


I then showed them one of my favourite photos of me with my Dad when I was about 13. It was a really fun way to end the rotation.



Another activity that occurred to me during the lesson was while one of the girls was drawing on the board. She was writing the names of everyone in the class in a different font in a square.
I thought this would be a really good introduction activity too, and being a graphics teacher, it is nice and visual.




No comments:

Post a Comment