Thursday, March 21, 2019

Inquiry Question 1

Summarise the challenge of student learning you plan to focus on in this inquiry. Be as clear and specific as you can about the evidence you have about this to date.


The group that I am focussing on is my Year 13 class. They are doing NCEA Level 3 Design and Visual Communication this year.

This chart shows the pass rate for the internal DVC standard that we have done since the standards were changed. Apart from 2016 (when I only had 3 students), the rate is low for an internal standard and most of the achievement is at achieved level with only a handful of merits.


I want to focus on this group as I want the overall pass rate to be higher and for the standard of work completed to be at a higher level. I also want to get them to work at a faster rate to keep up to date and complete all the work set. The work being incomplete is another reason for the poor pass rate.


This chart shows the pass rate for the external standard.
After 2014, and two years of zero percent pass rate, I visited another school to talk to the teacher there about how she approached the external. I have had some progress and some higher achievement levels, at merit, but it is still not good enough overall.


Some initial data about my inquiry group

No comments:

Post a Comment