Friday, September 15, 2017

First go at making a HyperDoc ...

I have recently been reading The HyperDoc Handbook.
The main thing that caught my notice while reading this was :-

"We want our students to be creative, collaborative, critical thinkers and communicators —and then we ask them to sit quietly while we explain everything and tell them exactly how to do a task." from "The HyperDoc Handbook: Digital Lesson Design Using Google Apps" by Lisa Highfill, Kelly Hilton, Sarah Landis

This stuck with me as I am trying to build a course that supports a multi level / year group situation in my classroom. I want them to be able to know what to do and get on with it with constant teacher input.

I thought I would have my first attempt at making a hyperdoc with my Year 10 class.
I have decided to use Google Drawing to make it ( as it is my favourite Google App!!) and make quite big, chunky task "buttons" for the students to click on. I have kept it simple, to 3 tasks that can be completed in a lesson for our first try.
I will try this out on them next week when I see them and get some feedback from them about what they thought.
I am hoping to get the hang of this so I can use it for the Jump Start students in term 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment