Monday, May 8, 2023

3D Printed Cookie Cutters

My Year 7 class this tech rotation are having a go with Tinkercad to design and make some cookie cutters that we can use to make some sugar cookies in the kitchen.

They are not my class at the college, they come from a local intermediate for their Technology lessons. Luckily on Tinkercad, you can make classes so it is easy for them them to get into the class and start work. 


It also makes it easy for me as the teacher to see the work they have been doing as I have access to it on the dashboard.


I had set the work up onto my class site so I could include examples, information and videos.

Link to class site


I have made some example cookie cutters for the students to see the process and we worked through the first one as a class.


We worked through the first, basic design together last Friday so I thought I would print out those ones for them before they come back this Friday to try the more complex ones. We will then make the cookies with them on Friday next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment