Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Inquiry 2023 - Baseline Testing

 My Inquiry group this year are my Year 11 Design and Visual Communication class. The focus of my inquiry is reading. 

Today, I did a baseline piece of reading and writing with them. I explained what we were doing and why

  • A teacher has to inquire into something to improve over the year
  • The thing that I had chosen was reading
  • The reason I chose that is the work that is required to move from achieved to merit and excellence involves a lot of research, reading and writing and their design work.
  • A baseline piece of work is required so we can see if any improvement is made over the year due to what the teacher is doing differently
  • No help is given during this baseline piece of work so it shows what the students can do now, by themselves.
This is the piece of reading that I gave the students. I asked ChatGPT to give me information about stainless steel. They had to read it then give two summaries - one about how stainless steel would be good for their chair design and one where stainless steel would not be good for their chair design.



Here is the writing that the students did today based on the reading from this document. We wrote it by hand so they would not be able to use the internet for anything. They had about 20 minutes to do this.



No comments:

Post a Comment