Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Tracking Achievement - Year 11 - When the first credits are entered.

 To help me to see if my intervention is having any measurable effect this year, I have been looking at the stats from previous years. I have already looked at when the credits were entered last year - Blog post here.

What I next wanted to check on was when the first credits for the students were entered into Kamar for NCEA Level 1 DVC.  This will indicate at what point in the year that the work was being completed.

I looked at the monthly spreadsheets that are generated by Mrs Moore over the last 4 years to see when the first credits appeared for the Year 11 students in DVC.



I showed this diagram to my Year 11 class this afternoon. I explained what I was doing and why and explained what the diagram meant. I showed them where they were on it and pointed out how well they were doing when you compare that point to the last 4 years, back to 2017. I told them I was proud of them and they should be proud of themselves for the effort they have put in.

The rest of the lesson was spent with those students who haven't got the credits yet asking what they needed to do and the rest of the class asking what the next set of work was worth. A lot of excitement and a fair bit of focus considering it was P6! I hope they feel empowered by this good start and feel like they can do it the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment