Our first lesson was today, and after we all got on my new website, found the work and I had given them a brief description of what an algorithm is, we all went into the carpark to try some out.
- They got into small groups and decided who was the programmer and who were the robots.
- Instruction 1 - The programmer had to give their robots one instruction and watch them do it then give them another and so on.
- Instruction 2 - The same as one but they had to give two instructions.
- Instruction 3 - They have to give 3 instructions bit include more details like direction and how long or how many.
- Instruction 4 - They have to give 5 instructions, include details, one has to be sound, one movement in a line, one a dance movement
- The programmer had to give the "algorithms" and the robots had to listen and remember a sequence of instructions.
We then got on with the rest of the prepared lesson as it is on the class site. We didn't get as far as I had planned as we spent a little more time playing in the carpark than I intended.
Things to note for next time :-
Check the mBots are charged - we had a couple of flat ones today
Check the boxes all have 6 in them - there was one with 3 today
The link to a copy of the presentation worked well and saved time.
They all got online fast and found the site and work very efficiently.