This was the the request :-
As part of my Manaiakalani research this year into blended learning, I had the idea of making a website where the students make resources to teach other students. ( kind of like a Tamaki Khan Academy).
I had a group of students out yesterday to start putting together some ideas so we could present it to you as an idea.
Here is the site that we made :-
There is still work to add to this from what we did yesterday and there are still videos to make for English and Science.
Could you please take a look and see what you think?
I need to add feedback and thoughts to my research....
Here is a Google Form to fill in with your feedback.
Thanks very much
tamaki.ac.nz/forms/d/ 1BOi3rGniyrKrhsWEMyQ4NltpB2lZp n6VzIuzpB6xV3k/viewform
Here is the reply spreadsheet that came from that from :-
- There is a general interest in the idea of a site like this for the students at Tamaki College. Some staff are happy to make resources for this site themselves with their students, others are not so comfortable doing that.
- There is concern that the content on the site is as accurate as we can make it with no mistakes.
- There is a general thought that the action of making the resources will help those students making them and that students will listen to each other more than the teacher at times.
Verbal feedback has included :-
- The quality of some of the resources is low.
- The interest os some of the resources is not as high as others.
- More interesting tone used in the verbal information is needed on some of them.
Overall, the experiment was a success with lots of interest in continuing this idea. I appreciate the more "negative" aspects of the feedback even though this first try was more of a "concept sketch" than a finished product. It needs lots of development work and the feedback gives some direction for this to go in.