To those ends, I have spoken to the school's Principal's Nominee about the procedure for contacting NZQA about this issue and what we can do with it. She is going to speak to the School Relationship Manager and go over the points that I have sent to her. They will then give us a direction and contact point that we can go to.
Here are the points that I feel are important to get across :-
- All DVC students produce an online Google site for their research, notes, analysis and photographs of mock-ups, testing and models.
- They produce their design ideas on paper with traditional media.
- Design development work done in 3D as models is photographed and presented on their Google sites.
- Design development work created using online applications is presented on their Google sites as embedded objects or screen shots of the work produced.
- This year, in order to be able to hit the submission requirements, everything had to be printed off from these sites, which was a very long job using lots of paper for coloured print outs.
- We need to be able to just send the drawings and sketchbooks that have been produced using traditional drawing media and everything else needs to stay online, with links to the student online Google sites being sent to the examiners in order for them to see the rest of the project work. The drawings are then still seen in the context of a whole project, and the analysis notes that go with them are there to be viewed.
So, I hope to be able to report progress on this.
We shall see.