Friday, July 31, 2020

Multi Lingual Literacy Support with SOLO

In my inquiry group there are three Filipino boys. One of them has very good English, one Ok and one not so good. There is a lot of translating that goes on between them when they need to understand my lesson instructions, which is great, but I cant have that responsibility on them when it comes to the written analysis that they have to do for their design ideas.

This is a continuation of the multo lingual literacy support I started with my Year 11 class. Blog post here.

This is the support sheet I have put together for the notes that have to go with their design developments. It is structured around SOLO Taxonomy so they can see how the structure is supporting how they are analysing their work.

Here is where it is on my class site with the other literacy support documents I am putting together.




One of our teachers is also Filipino and she very kindly agreed to translate this for me so I can give two of the boys especially, this work to do in their own language.

Here is the updated, translated version. The boys will get this on Monday. I cant wait to see what they think.



3 comments: