Saturday, September 5, 2020

Making Masks

 This week I have been making masks for the students. I asked the principal if I could get some fabric use the department sewing machine.  After a couple of days of testing construction and sizes, production started on Wednesday. I had chosen two really pretty fabrics, backed with black so they are reversible.

I had read some research on different types of mask and the best ones for people to wear are double layered cotton, that are well fitted round the face, so that was what my testing was aimed at achieving.

This is the fabric and the final masks.


Here is where I got up to by the end of the week. Their only payment was a photograph of them wearing the mask. Word is getting round and they are starting to ask me for them now. It is good to see them wearing them. 





2 comments:

  1. Great fabric colours Karen and good idea to make them reversible with the black. I can tell by the eyes you have some happy customers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona. I picked fabrics I liked and was hoping others would too!!!

      Delete