Thursday, April 7, 2022

Using workspaces with Drawn Work

 As part of our hybrid teaching planning, I have been making sure my Workspaces are more supportive in how the students use them.

The main ones I have been working on and are being used at the moment are here ...

My Year 13 class are working on the external DVC standard first, which means lots of drawing on A3 pieces of paper and making plasticine and card models. I have seen how useful the workspaces are for the students to connect to the work they need to complete, either in the class or at home.

This blog post here explains how I have set up the class site, the workspaces and the calendar to try and get a smooth workflow.

I wanted to have a go at using workspaces for the students drawn work too. I have set up one for my Year 13 class to use and have used the same ideas I have on my other workspaces in terms of links to the class site and worked examples made by me. The evidence column is basically just blank presentations that the students can put photographs of their drawn work onto. What I haven't included on this one is the how to videos that I have made a big part of my other workspaces. 

This workspace is an experiment at the moment so I will no doubt be including some help videos as we go and I make changes in response to how the students find working with it.

This will also be useful as a record of the work as we have had issues with work going missing between home and school in the past which is gutting when it happens as so much effort goes into the work.

Link to workspace




No comments:

Post a Comment