Monday, June 12, 2023

Reading for Planning

 I have been working with Marc to produce some reading strategy support. My inquiry group is my Year 11 class this year but I have been trying things out on my Year 9 class. This post is from one of the sessions with Marc

In that document, we were reading the method for the food we were going to cook later in the week.

This term, one of the Technology COs we are assessing on in the junior school is planning, so I thought I could combine what I had already done with Marc with planning. I have used the same SOLO colours to show where it fits in - yellow for identifying the items, green for listing from the method and blue for relating the jobs to how long each one will take.

On the gantt chart page, I have put the method in a scrambled order, so they have to read carefully to work out the order. If they like, they can also compare to the method that is listed on the page before - this still requires them to read it to compare.

Link to document










No comments:

Post a Comment