Monday, April 8, 2024

Country Flags in the Classroom

 One of the goals that we set as an Art Department this year was part of making the students feel welcome and visible in your classroom. We wanted to put up the country flags for everywhere the students are from in the classes we teach.

Over the weekend, I looked on the school system for all the ethnicities of the students and found the flags representing all the ones that were in the first column - ie the ethnicities that the students identify as. Some had 1 there and some had 2 or 3. I looked for flags for them all. It turned out to be quite a cultural mix.

I put all the found flag images onto a presentation, made a note of which ones I had found and printed them off.

I got two of my boys to help put them up today and they look great. I have already had a very positive response from the students that I have seen today in my room when they have seen the display.





Here is the link to the presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment