Thursday, June 27, 2024

Mono Printing with Gel Plates

 I have been watching videos on how to use gel plates for printing for a while now and I have bought myself some gel plates to play with at home. I have been enjoying my experiments and wanted my Year 11 Visual Art class to use this skill / technique on their work this year.

I have set up some videos for the class to watch on the class website - link here

I showed them a couple of techniques at the beginning of the week and we had a go.

These are some photos of the students from this first session.


Here are some of their prints from this first session - link to presentation here


We then watched some of the videos in the class and I sent them to them to watch at home.
At the beginning of the next lesson, we went for a quick trip down the creek to collect things that we can press into the gel plates.
I also had a go at cutting some texture mats out on the laser cutter for the students to use. We tried them in thin card to start with but they fell apart while we used them. Cutting them out of EVA foam sheet worked really well.

Here are some photographs of the work from this second session - link to presentation here

No comments:

Post a Comment