Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Reflection on School Goal 2


Goal 2 Literacy and Numeracy

That 80% of Year 9 & 10 students are reading at or above the expected Curriculum Level.
That 70% of Year 9 & 10 students are writing at or above the expected Curriculum Level.
That 70% of Year 9 & 10 students are achieving in Mathematics at or above the expected Curriculum Level.

That 90% of Year 11 students will achieve NCEA Literacy.
That 80% of Year 11 students will achieve NCEA Numeracy.







So far this year, I have been using a lot of SOLO Taxonomy structured work for both junior and senior classes. I feel that this supports the students with slowly increasing the level of complexity of their writing and analysis.

Examples : - 

I have also been focussing on literacy strategies as part of my inquiry for the CoL.



This has also been my focus for my Manaiakalani Class OnAir work this year.

3 comments:

  1. Great way you are using the Solo Taxonomy structure for both the juniors and seniors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is definitely something that i would be interested in reading about and perhaps apply to my own practise. I love your strategies and cannot wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the flowchart that you've put together. It's really clear and succinct in terms of a process to follow.

    ReplyDelete