Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Adding more reading into project planning

 A couple of weeks ago, we had a "Secondary Connect" PD opportunity (blog post here). The focus was on English and Literacy. When Dr Aaron Wilson was presenting, he was discussing T shaped literacy. 

When I was thinking about this afterward, I realised that I don't actively plan to include reading for my students. All they really do in my lesson is read instructions and some research.

I have my new Year 9 class this week on their new Technology rotation and we are doing a new project based on Graphic Novels. I have decided that this is the perfect opportunity to start planning to include reading.

As of writing this blog post, the class site has two activities on it for these students and I have found readings for them to do and put them on clickable buttons on the project activity pages.

Graphic novel page - Types of Graphic Novel page - Three Act Story page

I will keep this format as I continue to plan for this project. It needs to become the new normal. I can then plan for the "depth" part of the T.



1 comment: