Monday, June 24, 2013

What do the students think about the room changes?

My classroom has been changed around for a couple of weeks now and I have been chatting to my students about what they think about it.

The back tall table...


The boys gave me comments like :-
"love it"
"it's easier to work at"
"it is more comfortable to draw at"
"I feel like the man sitting up here"... ( please feel free to ignore that one !! )

This table has been a popular option for the boys when they are coming into the room, to the point of having a few "words" with each other as to who sits there.



The comfortable sitting area at the front ...


The students have said :-
"We like that we can work on our netbooks in comfort"
"We feel like we are in prison at the normal tables"
"it's kick back" ... ( but I hasten to add that they work in this area and I have only had one "kick back" example to deal with in two weeks ).

I have not told the students where to sit when they come in. They have moved to the normal tables naturally if they have drawings to finish and have gravitated over to the the couch area when they have netbook work. It has been interesting to watch them decide for themselves without being nagged.



No comments:

Post a Comment