Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Getting to know my new Year 10 rotation group.

It is that time of the year when the Year 9 and Year 10 Technology rotations change and we get new groups. While it is good to see a range of students over the year so more of them get access to my course content, it is always tricky getting to know new classes when they are already established as a group and have got used to their timetable as it was.

My first lesson with my new Year 10 class  was yesterday, so we did a getting to know you exercise using Google Drawings.
I had this up on the board, with examples of what they could say about themselves and an example that I had made about me.
I also used this as an excuse to fit in some top tips for searching for sizes on Google images and how to get transparent backgrounds in a search.




It has given me an interesting insight already as to how the students like to do their work. Some are neatly laid out, some use borders and colour, some use grids for the layout.

Click here if you want to see all the creations that I have stored in a folder ....


No comments:

Post a Comment