Monday, February 25, 2019

Preparing for our first presentation to the class


Image result for presenting

My Year 13 inquiry group have reached a stage in their project work where they have completed (ish) their observational drawings and are ready to move on to making models of the observed forms. This is an ideal point to have a go at a first presentation.
This is also a good point to get some "baseline" information from their first presentation.
  • I have told them they are going to present. 
  • We decided today what order this is going to happen over this week.
  • I did an exemplar presentation with my drawings today to give them an idea what to do.
I have not given them any support structure for their first one on purpose so I can see what improvements they make over the year with the support I plan on giving them as part of my inquiry.

Here is my example presentation today :-


We also sorted out the Google Plus Community today (slightly delayed due to network upgrades).
The students are now in the Level 3 community and I uploaded my example video there so they can rewatch it to prepare for their presentation this week.
I have also got my example Google Site up to date so the students know what should be on theirs by now. These are the first steps to what I hope will be the support the students need to keep up to date and on track this year.
Student site links are here
TearikiSite Link
VaifoaSite Link
AntonioSite Link
MarthaSite Link
JaydenSite Link
SellaSite Link
Princesssite
ApiiSite Link

No comments:

Post a Comment