Saturday, March 30, 2019

Support reading for my Year 13 class

My NCEA Level 3 class are designing a set for their major project this year. The focus will be on Matariki, so for the extra two days away from school they have next week due to Student Achievement Conferences, I have put together some support reading for them.
I have done this in the form of a Google Drawing with hyperlinked images as I really don't like just sharing a load of links (not enough pictures for this Graphics teacher)

Link to the Google Drawing here


4 comments:

  1. This is a bit like Aaron Wilson's wide and deep reading units! He got science to include a fact sheet, a reading with one perspective, another complementary text that supports that perspective, a contrasting perspective aka a challenge/tension text, and then got students to provide a reading they had found too. And a list of key vocabulary. You've simplified it into a doc rather than a site which is cool, and you've included "visual texts" (the videos) as well :) The science one for Year 10 is here if you want to check it out: https://sites.google.com/site/reintroducingkakapoinnz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicola. I am trying to start off the researching elements of the projects with the students more as they don't search very well on their own. I am not sure of I am helping them or not though for later on in life!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen, this is a great start. Will you embed in your learning site? Admit is a lot less labour intensvie as it was creating this for a classic site! Here is a link to Aaron's doc that Nicola referenced.
    thanks,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona. Yes I do plan to put this onto my class site.
      Thanks for the link to the doc.

      Delete