Monday, May 6, 2019

Blogging Exemplars

The way I teach is to do all the things that I expect my classes to do, whether that is drawing, rendering, making 3D models or working online.
This gives me insight into the tasks I am expecting them to do in terms of timescale, quality, difficulty level etc.  This also gives me an example for them to see before they start the task.

While I was explaining to my new Year 9 group about the two blog posts that I wanted them to do about the tasks they had been doing, it occurred to me that I should approach blogging with the students like this too.

With this in mind, I started a new blog today.
Link here


I have put on here the two tasks for my Year 9 class up to now. I have included what I asked them to complete and the labels I asked them to add.
They can find their examples on this blog bu clicking on the Year level in the labels.
I intend to use this same blog for Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 and possibly Year 11 so they will have to be able to find the examples done for them.

Seeing as I have only just started this today, I have no idea if this is going to make any difference at all with the student understanding of the blogging of the tasks in Graphics or if it will support them at all. I will get some student feedback in a couple of weeks to see what they think.

No comments:

Post a Comment