Thursday, April 30, 2020

Teaching from home - How can I do drawing support - Take 2

Yesterday, I wrote about some experiments I have been doing regarding trying to teach drawing from home (beyond recording my drawings, but doing it live, in a 'class") Blog post here.

After chats in the comment section, today's experiment was having one chat open and me being in it on the laptop so I can record the meet and in the iPad so I can show my iPad screen using Miro. I did it this way as I couldn't work out how to record the meet from my iPad.

As you can see from this video, it was terrible. Because I was logged into two devices on the same meet and they were close together, the feedback was huge and I had to mute both mics. This is no good if I am trying to explain something as I am doing it. The lag on the Miro board was just the same as yesterday when I was logged into the same Miro board twice instead of the same meet twice.


1 comment:

  1. Good on you Karen, the best learnings come when we try something new and it fails... confident it won't take 1000 ways #Edison. Let me know happy to join a practise session sometime.
    cheers
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete