Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Trying to plan for limited contact

During our teaching and learning from home experience during the COVID 19 lockdown, I did not really know how much contact I would get with my intermediate classes. I have two Year 7 classes from two different schools, so I wanted to plan for something they could do without me if necessary and if I got to see them, then that would be a bonus.

With my usual classes, I can put work onto the class Workspaces but I can't do this with the Intermediate classes. We tried it with them last year and to be honest, it was a bit of a pain in the bum.

I have set up a page on my usual class site for this purpose and I have made step by step presentations and screencast videos to take them through the tasks. It is all based on learning and using Tinkercad skills for 3D design.

Link to the page on the class site.
The baby Yoda theme and Star Wars style lettering is just a given with me.




It turned out that today I got to see quite a lot of them. Their lovely class teacher set up a meet and I got to talk them through this and help them for an hour this morning. We had fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment