Thursday, March 18, 2021

Describing the problem

During our CoL meeting today, we were asked to not try to come up with an answer for our inquiry yet but to try and focus in on what the problem is. We were also asked to not think too widely as the problem becomes unmanageable. We need to be more specific with a particular problem that is happening with our students so that we have the possibility of doing some thing positive to solve it.

While I was listening today and thinking about my inquiry the word INERTIA came into my head.



I felt that this really summed up my problem. When I am working with a student or a small group, I am the force that is acting on them and they get along really well.
As soon as I move away from them to help some one else, that force is removed and they stop moving forward.

My inquiry problem ...
  • How can I keep the inertia of moving forward going on without me being there as the applied force. 
  • How can I make the path smoother so that a movement that has started can keep going.
  • How can the movement start if I am not there to apply the force in the first place? (eg, in a lock down)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karen,

    What an interesting and thought provoking post. Inertia. Hm, I'm excited to see where and how this inquiry unfolds and how I will be able to use some of your findings in my setting.

    ReplyDelete