Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Verbal Instructions with Mote


After reading the blog post from Robyn Anderson about how she is trying out a Chrome extension called Mote, I thought that this would be a great tool to use as part of my ongoing inquiry. Mu inquiry is based around making my class site a more supportive user experience for the students and this extension will be great for adding short recorded voice explanations. It is great that you can only record a minute and a half as it means you cant ramble on for too long and you have to think about making it short and to the point.





So far, I have had a go at the presentation I have put together for my next cooking session with my Year 9 group. I have recorded myself reading out the ingredients and the method.



I also like that when you embed this presentation into the class site, the links are a single click to hear the audio. Link to where it is on my class site.

This is going to be really useful in terms of literacy as the students can listen to what new Technology terms sound like and can listen to them as often as they need.
Another idea that I have had is to have buttons to different language versions down the side of items of text, instructions etc to help those class members who would benefit from this information in their own language, spoken by a fluent speaker. This will mean me working closely with other members of staff as I did last year when we translated key texts for them. Blog post 1 Blog post 2

No comments:

Post a Comment