Saturday, May 16, 2015

SOLO and Asking Questions

We use SOLO Taxonomy to help us to structure our projects in the Technology Department.
My new Year 10 group starts on their next Technology rotation soon, so I am preparing a new project for them. They are going to design and make models of a new mobile phone design.
I have been reading "A More Beautiful Question" by Warren Berger and have become very interested in approaching this new project with the Year 10 group in a new way.


To support this plan, I have been trying to put different questions and question types against the SOLO Taxonomy levels.
It has been an interesting task, getting these differences in types of questions clear in my mind before we approach it as a class.
Our first task as a class will be looking at existing phone designs and analysing them.  I want them to be asking questions about the designs we look at and answering them as a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment