Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Inquiry Question 3 - Tools, Measures and Approaches

Question 3


"Describe the tools/measures/approaches you plan to use to get a more detailed and accurate profile of students’ learning in relation to that challenge. Justify why you chose these approaches and tools."

Analysis of results from previous years
This is to try and give me an idea where the weaknesses are in my own planning.

Analysis and breakdowns of ethnicity, achievements in previous years, in both DVC and other courses, literacy and numeracy abilities.
This is to get a general overview of who I have in the class.

Mindset questionnaire
This is to assess where the students think they are at with how they think about themselves and their work.

Last year I did an activity with my group - What do they want from my course
I want to do this again as it gave me a really good insight as to why they were in DVC in Year 13 and what they wanted to get out of being there.

To support all of this, I have already had a session with my group about why we are doing what we are doing in DVC and why it is changing.
I did this to keep the students in the loop about what was happening in the course. This was especially important to those students who have been in Level 1 and Level 2 DVC wiuth me as they will notice the changes more than the others.

Online support
I had started putting together online support videos for my group during COVID19 lockdown, especially for those who couldn't come online for classes with me. I really like these and have decided to continue doing them for the rest of the course.
This is to give the students support when I am unable to sit with them one to one. It is a very busy class (Year 12 and Year13) and they are all at different points in their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment