Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Inquiry Question 5 - Hypothesis


  1. Share your findings about the nature and extent of the student challenge. Make sure it is clear what evidence from your inquiry supports each finding.
  2. Explain how some of the data you have used to build a profile of the students’ learning will be used as baseline data at the end of the year.


Learning Issue
Reflective Questions
The students start their project work and don’t finish it at all or to a standard that does not achieve at NCEA Level 3.

Blog post here with analysis of results. The NA results are nearly all because the work is incomplete.

The class is very mixed in terms of experience in DVC and in motivation.
What can I do to encourage my students to finish their design projects and achieve at NCEA Level 3 DVC?

Can I teach the whole class to the same high level as the 4 potential scholarship students in the class?

How can I support my students in feeling positive about what they can achieve?


If ... Then thoughts...

  • If I let all of my class work at a higher level then they will be motivated to complete their work and achieve.
  • If I focus on improving the mindset of the whole class, they will be able to think more positively about their ability to complete all of their work to a high standard.

Initial Data


No comments:

Post a Comment